Explore York by Rail
- A day to see historic York at your own leisure
- Catch the train from your desired UK station
- Choose from the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour or entry to Clifford’s Tower
- Spend the day seeing the sights
- Guests will receive an email at least 5 days before travel with the train e-tickets and Hop-On Hop-Off Bus or Clifford’s Tower ticket.
- Full refund if cancelled up to 7 days prior to travel date.
- This tour is unescorted.
- Train seats are allocated on first come first served basis & not guaranteed together.
- Train times can fluctuate. Please refer to actual train e-tickets for exact departure times.
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult. Under 5s are not allowed.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before train departure time.
Trains to York
Known for its history and beauty, York is a must-visit place for everyone and with return train tickets in our rail day trip, you can enjoy the city with convenience. Choose from our selected stations across the UK, use your preordered train tickets, and head into York. Upon arrival, York is yours to explore and if you are looking for things to do, then we also have you covered with the added option of either a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour or tickets to Clifford’s Tower.
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
Experience everything York has to offer with a famous open tour bus. Hop on and off at any of our 20 destinations and see the sights like never before. You will be taken round the ancient city, and see the famous medieval street, the Shambles, museums and galleries such as Castle Museum, and York Minster, a massive gothic cathedral with outstanding stained-glass windows.
All you have to do is sit back, relax and let your driver do the hard work as you explore the cobbled streets. Plus, on every bus is an audio guide providing you with fascinating facts and fun secrets about York.
Click here to view map route
Over 1,000 years old, Clifford’s Tower is an impressive stone tower overlooking the city of York. Built in 1245 during the reign of King Henry III, the tower has played a part in varying chapters of British history from the 1069 uprising against the Normans to its role in the Dissolution of the Monasteries. When you select entry to the tower you can climb to the top and enjoy panoramic views of the city. It’s a truly remarkable experience with vistas that need to be seen to be believed.
Choose between a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of York or entry to Clifford’s Tower.
Departing stations with times:
London to York – Monday to Friday
Outbound Journey: Departure: 9:00am, Arrival: 10:51am
Return Journey: Departure: 6:59pm, Arrival: 8:53pm
Edinburgh to York – Monday to Friday
Outbound Journey: Departure: 8:30am, Arrival: 10:54am
Return Journey: Departure: 6:57pm, Arrival: 9:24pm
Peterborough to York – Monday to Friday
Outbound Journey: Departure: 9:18am, Arrival: 10:32am
Return Journey: Departure: 6:33pm, Arrival: 7:45pm
Newcastle to York – Monday to Friday
Outbound Journey: Departure: 8:58am, Arrival: 10:51am
Return Journey: Departure: 6:57pm, Arrival: 7:52pm