Borough Market Food Tour
- Experience the finest classic British cuisine in most famous food market in the UK
- Visit historic English pubs and explore vibrant south-east London
- Indulge in British cheeses, fish and chips and the iconic bacon bap
- 3+ hours of eating and drinking with a local guide in a small intimate group
- Once booked, this tour cannot be cancelled.
- The tour lasts 3 - 3.5 hours and it is recommended you wear comfortable shoes.
- The itinerary and menu is subject to change, based on the locations' availability, weather, and other circumstances.
Borough Market never fails to entice in locals and tourists alike with its incredible variety of fresh produce, takeaway food, bars and restaurants. From oysters and wild boar to cheeses and foraged condiments, hand-made chocolates and beer battered fish and chips, Borough Market showcases the absolute best of not only British cuisine and produce, but also global offerings.
Your local guide will meet you outside Evans Cycles on top of Dukes Street Hill to begin your culinary adventure with a British staple loved throughout the country — the bacon and egg bap. The only question you’ll need to answer here is red or brown sauce?
Once you’ve digested that with a walk around the gluttonous market, you’ll move on to another absolute classic; fish and chips. Golden, deep-fried, crispy batter engulfing tender hot white fish served with proper chunky chips — which we recommend you cover in as much vinegar as you can stand. Incidentally fish and chips were one of the few foods not subject to rationing during World War II.
If you think you’re full, think again, there’s always room for a traditional sausage roll, a daily staple for some Brits and a popular snack during the Napoleonic Wars.
Take some time to wander the market alleyways at your leisure before heading off to a local historic pub to sample the quintessentially English combination of cheese and cider, served alongside fruit, crackers and chutney.
Make some room for dessert with a stroll down the River Thames and see the world famous London Bridge and Tower Bridge, as well as the battleship HMS Belfast silhouetted against the iconic London skyline. Sit down to a classic sticky toffee pudding with a fresh pot of English tea! There will also be a Secret Dish, so arrive for this tour hungry, as we have a feast awaiting you.
Meeting point: Outside Evans Cycle Shop near London Bridge Station: 6 Tooley St, SE1 2SY
Nearest Tube: London Bridge