York Sightseeing River Cruise
- Admire York’s historic sites from the River Ouse
- Listen to the live commentary to hear about York's past
- Enjoy the on-board bar with a large selection of snacks and beverages
- A great way to explore York and have fun
- On arrival, please join the queue to board the cruise, you will be placed on the next available sailing. You can board up to 30 mins prior to the below departures.
- Guaranteed sailings at King's Staith at 1030, 1200, 1330, 1500 & 1600
- Guaranteed sailings at Lendal Bridge at 1040, 1210, 1340, 1510 & 1610
- Additional sailings can operate every 30 minutes between these times, you will be advised of this whilst waiting.
- The usual route turns at Clifton Bridge and Millennium Bridge, but can vary.
Step aboard for an entertaining and informative cruise of this historic Minster city from the River Ouse. Departing from both King’s Staith landing and Lendal Bridge landing, you’ll discover glorious sights and beautiful scenery from the comfort of our enclosed saloon or your seat on the upper deck.
During the cruise, the captain will keep you entertained with live commentary about the passing sights including the magnificent York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, the medieval Guildhall and more. You’ll also learn about York’s history of flooding and its prosperity as an inland port, as you sail along the river that brought the Romans and the Vikings to this site. What’s more, you’ll pick up some local knowledge regarding York’s world-famous chocolate industry.
With iconic sights to discover, fascinating facts and an on-board bar serving a wide selection of local beers, wines, soft drinks, hot drinks and snacks, there really is no better way to explore this ancient walled city.
York Self Drive Hire Boats
If you are looking to be Captain for the day, check out the self drive hire boats.
Days of operation: Daily
Meeting Points: King's Staith landing, King's Staith, York YO1 9SN
Start time: King's Staith at 10:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 3:00pm (& 4:00pm April to October only)
Meeting Points: Lendal Bridge, York YO1 7DP
Start time: Lendal Bridge at 10:40am, 12:10pm, 1:40pm, 3:10pm (& 4:10pm April to October only)