York Sightseeing River Cruise
Activity code: CCY
- Admire York’s historic sites from the River Ouse
- Listen to the commentary on the cruise to hear about York's past
- A great way to explore York and have fun
Boats depart from both the King’s Staith landing and the Lendal Bridge landing. Admire the scenery from the comfort of the enclosed saloon or the upper deck whilst to take in the sights of beautiful York.
The duration of the cruise is approx 60 minutes long, but this can various dependant on conditions. Typically the 1-hour cruise follows a route that heads upstream to Clifton Bridge on the northern outskirts of York city and then downstream as far as the Millennium Bridge on the city’s southern outskirts, before returning back upstream to the original landing stage. The 45-minute cruise operates in the same area without going quite as far in either direction, passing through the center of the walled city.
During the cruise, the captain will keep you entertained with live commentary about the sites you pass. Learn about York’s history of flooding and its prosperity as an inland port, as you sail along the river that brought the Romans and the Vikings to this site.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- On arrival, please join the queue to board the cruise, you will be placed on the next available sailing. You can board up to 30 mins prior to the below departures.
- Guaranteed sailings at King's Staith at 1030, 1200, 1330, 1500 & 1600
- Guaranteed sailings at Lendal Bridge at 1040, 1210, 1340, 1510 & 1610
- Additional sailings can operate every 30 minutes between these times, you will be advised of this whilst waiting.
- The usual route turns at Clifton Bridge and Millennium Bridge, but can vary.
- For any enquiries about wheel chair access at King's Staith, please call 01904 628324 (option 4) to speak to the reservations team.
Days of operation: Daily
Meeting Points: King's Staith landing, King's Staith, York, YO1 9SN
Start time: King's Staith at 10:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 3:00pm (& 4:00pm April to October only)
Meeting Points: Lendal Bridge, Lendal Bridge, York, YO1 7DP
Start time: Lendal Bridge at 10:40am, 12:10pm, 1:40pm, 3:10pm (& 4:10pm April to October only)