Oxford Sightseeing River Cruises
- Marvel at the beauty of the river in Oxford with a sightseeing cruise
- See iconic local landmarks and hear about their history from your knowledgeable skipper
- Cruise along in eco-friendly electric Edwardian riverboats
- Fantastic day out for all friends and family!
- Tickets may be cancelled or amended to a different date 72 hours prior to the travel date.
- Refunds won’t be given for missed or late arrivals.
- This activity is not wheelchair friendly.
- Dogs are not allowed.
Day Sightseeing River Cruise
Discover the beauty of Oxford with a sightseeing river cruise along the majestic River Thames. This fascinating cruise will start with the University Regatta Course before heading towards the idyllic Iffley village. Known to the locals as the Isis, this section of the river is one of the liveliest.
During the cruise, the captain will keep you entertained with live commentary of the history of Oxford and the passing landmarks such as the ancient Folly Bridge, Christchurch College and Meadows, the university rowing houses and Iffley Lock. You’ll also pass plenty of rowers, punt boats and pleasure cruisers — all adding to the charm of this city.
What’s more, your cruising vessel will be an Edwardian-style riverboat with the teak interiors of the early 1900s and the environmentally friendly, zero-emission electric technology of today. With iconic sights to discover, fascinating facts and a local guide onboard, there really is no better way to explore the City of Dreaming Spires.
Evening Sightseeing River Cruise with a Cocktail
As the evening sun dances on the river, embark on sightseeing cruise along the Thames to end your magical day in Oxford. Before you board, choose from a selection of handcrafted, seasonal cocktails to sip while you soak in the glorious views.
Meeting point: The Folly Restaurant, No.1 Folly Bridge, OX1 4JU