Thames Rockets - River Thames High Speed Adventure
Activity code: RIB11
- Speed through London at up to 35 knots
- Award winning comedian guides ensure sparkling highbrow banter
- Music classics are piped through the on board speakers
- Departs hourly from the London Eye Pier
The Ultimate High Speed Adventure - 50 mins tour
This Thames high speed boat trip is wild, fantastic fun for all ages, an extravaganza not to be forgotten and voted by Time Out readers as a ‘must do’ experience for Londoners and visitors alike. Hear the 880 horsepower engines rev up Rocket style and whoop as you whoosh up to speeds of 30 knots (35mph!). Zoom under the capital’s famous bridges and marvel at London’s landmarks from your exclusive vantage point. You’ll twist and turn through the docklands with a bespoke medley of thrilling classics pumping through the cutting edge on-board sound system.
All this is courtesy of award-winning guides, handpicked from the stand-up and acting circuit. Their sole purpose is to provide you with an enjoyable history lesson like no other.
Captain Kidds Canary Wharf Voyage - 50 mins tour
This experience has been carefully designed to offer an excellent sightseeing adventure for the whole family. You will see all the famous sights and landmarks of London as you whizz along the Thames in a speedboat.
Kids will love this fun-filled speedboat ride along the historic River Thames taking in all the sights - from the Houses of Parliament down past St. Paul's Cathedral and through Tower Bridge. No other boat experience allows you to cover so much of the Thames in such a short period of time. Absorb the history of years gone by as the water laps at your sides and enjoy the spontaneous narration from your award-winning stand-up comedian guide before holding on tight for an exhilarating trip to Canary Wharf and back. This is the best family sightseeing adventure!
Thames Barrier Explorers Voyage - 80 mins tour
This fast paced Thames Barrier Voyage takes you on a journey through the amazing Thames Barrier, London's flood defence system. The tour gives you the highest quality entertainment experience available in the capital, being the first to take passengers through the amazing Thames Barrier, the world’s largest moveable flood barrier. This 80-minute river race takes you past the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, Canary Wharf, Greenwich, The O2 and on through the Thames Barrier; this tour really does take in all London’s famous landmarks and bridges. Hop aboard for the ultimate sightseeing! Your guide will entertain as you hang on tight for the experience of a lifetime.
Thames Lates - 50 mins tour
The Thames Late tour experience is one for adults only, with the emphasis on fun and romance. Whilst the sun sets in London and the evening begins, why not take your chosen partner out on a high-speed exhilarating tour on the Thames. You will enjoy high speed thrills as your go past all of the famous London landmarks as the sun sets. As you hit London Bridge, the captain will open the throttle and its full steam ahead. This, however, is a cruise with a difference as it comes with a seasonal cocktail whilst you cheers under the London skies. Its then back to the pier at the London Eye for you to enjoy the rest of your evening. This really is the ultimate date night!
All tours depart hourly (subject to availability) from the London Eye Pier, 7 days a week, all year round. They are suitable for all ages in all weather conditions. Wet weather kit can be provided for all ages and sizes.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- E-tickets are accepted.
- Suitable clothing must be worn bearing in mind it is usually cooler on the river compared with the shore.
- Sailing and wet weather gear will be provided.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times. Please note if life jackets are manually inflated and/or damaged with intent, you will be charged £50.00 per jacket.
- Please check with the staff if you have any pre-existing medical condition that may prevent travel. The supplier cannot accept any liability.
- Expectant mothers are not permitted onboard at any stage of their pregnancy.
- No food or beverages can be consumed on board.
- Please arrive at the boarding point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
- All bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please be aware if you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund as seats are reserved on the vessel for the timeslot selected.
- Only in extenuating circumstances will bookings be considered for transfer and where at least a minimum of 48 hours' notice of request is given via email, please note an administrative fee may apply of up to 50%.
Departure and Return Point:
Boarding Gate 1 (One), The London Eye Millennium Pier, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7PB