Day Trip to Windsor by Rail includes entry to Windsor Castle
Activity code: 940
- Enjoy a beautiful day trip to Windsor
- Easy and convenient way to travel with return train tickets
- Open return giving you the time you want to explore Windsor
- Explore the King's royal residence of Windsor Castle
- Visit St George’s Chapel
Explore the beautiful Berkshire town of Windsor at your own pace with this quick and convenient day trip by rail from London’s Paddington Station. Windsor has everything you need for a lovely day out of the capital – rich Royal history, pretty countryside walks and a quaint town centre. It has long been one of the most important towns in Britain’s royal history and is home to the magnificent Windsor Castle – official residence of King Charles III!
Arrive at Paddington Station with plenty of time to spare, to let the excitment grow. You will have been sent your train tickets in advance. The train departs at 9.21am, so sit back in your reserved seat and relax as you zoom to Windsor.
Visit Windsor Castle
Find out why this glorious castle was the Queen's favourite weekend residence and explore the sprawling grounds on this relaxing visit, taken at your own pace. See the lavish State Apartments, with artwork by Leonardo Da Vinci and visit St George’s Chapel, the final resting place of Henry VIII, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II.
The tour is unescorted, accompanied by an audio guide and lasts approximately two hours.
Return to London
You are free to choose when you return. Trains return to London every 20-30 minutes until approximately 10pm
The train times are subject to change, depending on availability on the train services. So it is highly important that you leave your contact number & email address to notify about the changes.
- Full refund if cancelled up to 14 days prior to travel date.
- You must change trains at Slough.
- A full information pack which contains your train and Windsor castle tickets will be emailed to you 10 days before you travel at the latest.