Day Trip to Windsor by Rail includes entry to Windsor Castle
Activity code: 940
- Enjoy a beautiful day trip to Windsor
- Easy and convenient way to travel with return train tickets
- Open return giving you the time you want to explore Windsor
- Explore the Queen’s favourite royal residence of Windsor Castle
- Visit St George’s Chapel
Arrive at Paddington Station with plenty of time to spare, to let the excitment grow. You will have been sent your train tickets in advance. The train departs at 9.21am, so sit back in your reserved seat and relax as you zoom to Windsor.
Visit Windsor Castle
Find out why this glorious castle is Her Majesty’s favourite weekend residence and explore the sprawling grounds on this relaxing visit, taken at your own pace. See the lavish State Apartments, with artwork by Leonardo Da Vinci and visit St George’s Chapel, the final resting place of Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
The tour is unescorted, accompanied by an audio guide and lasts approximately two hours.
Return to London
You are free to choose when you return. Trains return to London every 20-30 minutes until approximately 10pm
Please Note: The train times are subject to change, depending on availability on the train services. So it is highly important that you leave your contact number & email address to notify about the changes.
- You must change trains at Slough
- Further to the UK government announcement on 8th December 2021, all experiences will operate as normal. Face coverings are required in Windsor Castle. You will be refused entry without one.
Departure to Windsor and Eton Central:
Departure time: 9:21am from London Paddington station
Change at Slough.
Arrival at Windsor and Eton Central: 9:50am
Return to London: You are free to choose when you return. Trains return to London every 20-30 minutes until approximately 10pm.
Windsor Castle: Frequency - every 30 minutes
First entry time – 10:00am
Last entry time – 3:30pm
Windsor Castle closures:
- 25 and 26 December – Castle completely closed.
St. George’s Chapel
- 23 and 24 December – closes at 1:00pm.
St. George’s Chapel is usually closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.