Activity code: CS
- Admission aboard Cutty Sark
- Learn about the history of the famous Clipper
- Discover interactive exhibits evoking the sights, smells and sounds of life at sea
- Take in spectacular views over the River Thames
- Download the interactive audio-guides on your smartphone using the Smartify App
Step aboard Cutty Sark and discover what life was like aboard the famous 19th century clipper ship! Built in 1869, Cutty Sark was one of the fastest tea clippers to be built and is now the last surviving in the world.
Following a fire in 2007 and an ambitious six-year restoration project, Cutty Sark reopened in April 2012, and you are invited to explore this historic attraction in London.
Learn about the romance, danger and adventure that came with life at sea as you meet the crew and hear their fascinating stories. Explore the interior of the sailing ship and discover innovative exhibits and interactive displays. Touch the original structure of the ship and find out where precious cargo was stored in the lower hold. Or why not venture beneath the towering masts which carry over 11 miles of rigging!
Walk underneath the ship and look up at the elegant lines of the ship’s streamlined and copper hull — here you can also enjoy a delicious Cutty Sark-inspired afternoon tea. You’ll have the opportunity to take the helm at the captain’s wheel, soak in spectacular views over the River Thames and meet the world’s largest collection of literary, historic and political figureheads.
- A valid student card may be requested on arrival if a student ticket has been purchased