Activity code: HMS
- The Gun Turret Experience
- Hear veterans’ first hand experiences in the Life at Sea exhibition
- Nine decks full of amazing history
- Free audio guides available in English, French, German and Spanish
No other vessel surviving in Britain today has witnessed historic events of the same magnitude as HMS Belfast. Her every rivet tells a story. Climb up and down the nine decks to learn about the ship’s fascinating history, and with a wide range of interactive and immersive family activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Go on a family adventure trail to solve puzzles, listen to 950 people recounting stories of their time onboard and practice your steering skills as you sit in the captain’s chair of this iconic warship and try to steer to her destination in time for D-Day.
Venture into the Engine and Boiler Rooms that powered the ship through the icy waters of the Arctic and the shark-infested waters of the Tropics to admire the machinery and experience its sounds with the engine noise soundscape. There’s also a sound installation in one of the gun turrets depicting the exact time when the ship’s guns started firing the Normandy beaches.
Why not go to the Flag Deck, nine levels up, where lookouts once scanned the horizon for enemy vessels and where, today, you can enjoy unrivalled views of London and the Thames. HMS Belfast makes for a truly unforgettable day out!
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must present the voucher that we will email to you once booked, upon arrival together with a piece of valid photographic identification (e.g. Passport, Driving Licence).
- Children under 5 years are free of charge.
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.