Official National Gallery Highlights Tour
- See one of the greatest collections of Western European art
- Discover over 2,600 paintings by some of the world’s greatest artists
- Tour the Gallery with an approved and accredited Blue Badge Guide
- Walk around a Grade I listed heritage building in the heart of London
- Enjoy the tour with a VOX headset so that you will always be able to hear your expert guide
- Pictures at the Gallery are moved on a regular based. Therefore the pictures you can see in the images may not be included in the highlights tour from time to time.
- This tour may be cancelled or amended to a different time/date 72 hours in advance.
- All dietaries must be received 72 hours (working days) before the booking date.
Spend the day admiring over 700 years’ worth of world-renowned European art with our guided tour of the National Gallery. Located in Trafalgar Square, the Gallery is open all year round and boasts an impressive collection of 2,600 paintings from the likes of Vincent van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, Rembrandt, and Claude Monet.
With our Gallery-approved Blue Badge Guides, you will explore the history and stories of the collections, masterpiece by masterpiece. Among the greatest is Van Gogh’s ‘Sunflowers’ — one of his most famous paintings. Did you know that there are five different versions of this painting, and all located in different museums around the world?
The Gallery is also home to Caravaggio’s ‘The Supper at Emmaus’ which depicts the moment Jesus’ disciples realise they are in the presence of the resurrected Christ. Other masterpieces include Leonardo da Vinci’s ‘The Virgin of the Rocks’ and ‘Bathers at Asnières’ by George Seurat.
Available during the day, and all year round, our expert-led tour lasts approximately one hour with the opportunity to enjoy the collection in your own time after the tour.
Following your tour, you will make your way to our brand-new restaurant, Ochre, for a scrumptious Afternoon Tea experience. Expect freshly baked scones with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry jam. Delight in seasonal pastries and cakes including éclairs, macarons, and Victoria sponge cake. It’s not all sweet though, as there will also be a selection of sandwiches showcasing the very best of British ingredients. No afternoon tea would be complete without fresh loose tea and barista coffee.
Ham with wholegrain mustard mayonnaise and plum tomato on granary bread
Westcombe cheddar cheese with homemade pickle on sourdough bloomer
Scottish Smoked Salmon with caper and lemon crème fraiche on granary bread
Egg mayonnaise with baby watercress on sourdough bloomer
Freshly bake plain and fruit scones
Cornish clotted cream and strawberry jam
Seasonal pastries and cakes —
Milk chocolate éclair with strawberry infused grenache
Black Cherry Macaron
Blackberry and butter cream Victoria sponge
Fresh Loose ‘Good & Proper’ Tea or Barista Coffee
Days of Operation: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Start point: Getty Entrance, National Gallery