- Visit the 18th century Baroque Palace, birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill
- Discover over 300 years of history, architecture and artefacts
- Stroll around the majestic Formal Gardens and 10 other gardens
- Explore the Butterfly House and Stables Exhibition
- Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by a ticket-holding adult and must always remain under the supervision of an adult.
- Children under 3 are given free entry to the Palace, Park and Gardens.
- Security searches may be conducted both on entry and exit.
- Food and drinks are not permitted inside the Palace.
- Large bags and rucksacks are not allowed inside the Palace or the Private Apartments.
- This tour is wheelchair friendly.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Blenheim Palace is home to the 12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Set in over 2,000 acres of beautiful Parkland landscaped by ‘Capability’ Brown, the exquisite 18th century Baroque Palace is surrounded by sweeping lawns, formal gardens and the magnificent lake.
Boasting over 300 years of history and heritage, Britain’s Greatest Palace is a unique example of English Baroque architecture. Inside, the scale of the Palace is beautifully balanced by the intricate detail and delicacy of the carvings, the hand painted ceilings and the amazing porcelain collections, tapestries and paintings displayed in each room. It houses some of the finest antique collections in Europe.
The Churchill Exhibition
Delve into the life and work of the ‘Greatest Briton’, Sir Winston Churchill. This permanent exhibition showcases a variety of photographs, letters, historic artefacts and excerpts from his most famous speeches and there’s also a lifelike model of wartime leader with bespoke clothing.
The Stables Exhibition
This immersive and interactive experience takes you on a journey through the Palace’s historic stable block. Learn about the importance of horses, see the original tack room and recreated stable room as well as a life size model of Churchill’s childhood pony Rob Roy. You’ll even get the chance to dress up and attempt to ride side saddle.
The Walled Garden
Explore the family-friendly Walled Garden, home to the Butterfly House and Marlborough Maze. Open since the early 1980s, the Butterfly House is full of a wide variety of butterfly species from countries including Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines. Or why not try to find your way out of the magnificent Marlborough Maze. Two miles in length, the maze design is inspired by the Palace and made up of hundreds of yew trees.
Surrounding the Palace, the Formal Gardens will take you on a journey through the ages of style. Discover the Water Terraces, the Duke’s Private Italian Garden, the Secret Garden, the Churchill Memorial Garden and the Rose Garden.
Venue Address: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1PP
Palace: 10:30 – 16:45
The Formal Gardens: 10:00 – 17:30
The Park: 09:00 – 18:00
Opening hours are subject to change and at times it may be necessary to restrict access to the facilities.
19 June – 30 June
1, 2, 3 September
12 November – 6 January