Mary Shelley's House of Frankenstein
- Explore the life of author Mary Shelley
- Come face to face with Mary's 8ft monster
- Dare to enter the foreboding basement
- Unrlock the mysteries of live in the Escape Room (not included in standard ticket price)
- Take home unique gifts and souvenirs
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- 100% cancellation charges apply to this tour - once booked it cannot be cancelled.
- Parents and guardians should use their judgement to decide whether the house is suitable for young children.
Whilst resident in Bath in 1816, Mary Shelley wrote what is still one of the most famous books in the world, Frankenstein. This world-first visitor attraction is somewhere between a museum and an immersive experience that brings the story to live.
Extending over four atmospheric floors and housed in a Grade II listed building, you will find a dank foreboding basement experience, an 8-foot monster of exactly how Mary Shelley envisioned Frankenstein to look, and a floor dedicated to the life and history of Mary Shelley herself, giving you the background of this famous author. Visit the culture rooms where you will experience all things Frankenstein himself, discover the eerie attic quarters and much much more.
Bursting with unusual artefacts and vintage items, interactive multi-sensory environments and assorted body parts, Mary Shelley's House of Frankenstein delivers an unnervingly visceral, illuminating and entertaining experience, through its audio and visual effects. Children beware, it’s pretty dark and scary in there.
Days of departure: Daily
Monday to Sunday: 11:00am to 6:00pm (last admission at 5:00pm)
Location: 37 Gay Street, Bath BA1 2NT
Closed: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve or Day