Activity code: CB4
- Reserved Return Seats on East Coast Trains
- Visit Edinburgh Castle
- Open Top Bus Tour
- Accommodation at a Centrally Located 3* Hotel
Departure from King’s Cross Station
You will need to be at King’s Cross Station at 6:30am with your printed train tickets for your outbound and inbound rail journeys. Your train will depart at 7:00am and arrive in to Edinburgh at 11:22am. Please print all tickets for both your return rail journey and attraction tickets.
Open Top Bus Tour
A great way to get acquainted with the Scottish capital, this hop on hop off open top bus tour will cruise past the best sights Edinburgh has to offer. You’ll see dominating Edinburgh Castle overlooking the city from its perch on the Castle Rock and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen’s lavish Scottish residence. Take in the vibrant atmosphere of the Royal Mile and remember to get a photo of famous canine statue Greyfriars Bobby!
Entry to Edinburgh Castle
Enjoy free admission to historic Edinburgh Castle, where you can gaze at the sparkling Scottish Crown Jewels and familiarise yourself with some important Scottish history. The castle dates back to the 12th century, and was involved in many key historical conflicts. When you’ve seen everything inside the castle, take a walk outside and enjoy unbeatable panoramic views across Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Overnight Stay
- You will be provided accommodation in one of the following 3* hotels (subject to availability):
- Central Edinburgh Hotel
- Murrayfield Hotel
Edinburgh at Your Leisure
Take the second day to explore Edinburgh as you wish. Whether you want to try some traditional haggis for lunch or delve into some Scottish history at a museum, the choice is yours to decide!
Your return train will depart Edinburgh at 5.31pm, arriving back in London at 10.18pm.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Once booked this tour is non-refundable
- Train seats are allocated on first come first serve basis & not guaranteed together.
- Please double check you have entered the correct email address, as without the e-tickets you cannot travel. If you do not receive the email please contact the reservations team on +44 207 233 7030
- Please print all documents; rail and entry tickets. You will need all these documents for your trip.
Days of departure: Monday to Saturday
Check-in time: 6:30am
Finish (approx.):10:18pm (2nd Day)
Departure point: King’s Cross station
Hop-on Hop-off Edinburgh Schedule:
Apr-Jun, Sep-Oct: last tour at 6:00p.m, runs every 15 minutes
Jul-Aug: last tour at 7:15 pm, runs every 10-15 minutes
Nov-Mar: last tour at 4:15 pm, runs every 20 minutes
Tour runs daily excluding 25 December.
Full mobility facilities on all tour buses and subtitled screen downstairs for hard of hearing.