Secrets of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile
- Explore Edinburgh’s Old Town with a professional guide
- Discover the history of the Royal Mile and its stunning buildings
- Learn about famous residents
- Visit the iconic Edinburgh Castle
- Tickets may be transferred or cancelled up to 48 hours before your tour.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
- There are no storage facilities available. The nearest site is Waverly Train Station.
- Children under 5 are not permitted on this tour.
- You will receive a timed ticket for Edinburgh Castle.
Edinburgh Walking Tour
Get acquainted with the beautiful city of Edinburgh on a historical walking tour of the Scottish capital. Promenade through the cobbled streets, wynds and closes of the world-famous Royal Mile, which connects Edinburgh Castle with the official royal residence in Scotland, the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
In your 1 hour and 30-minute walking tour, discover true stories, fascinating facts and learn about the city’s rich heritage and awe-inspiring history from your professional guide. You’ll also explore the lives of notable Edinburgh residents including Mary Queen of Scots, who became Queen of Scotland when she was just six days old, and Robert Burns, Scotland’s national poet.
A mighty fortress overlooking the stunning Scottish capital, Edinburgh Castle holds an important place in Scotland’s history with many battles and sieges fought over it. Venture inside to uncover the spectacular Great Hall of King James IV, the lavish royal rooms, and the oldest Crown jewels in Britain. You’ll also get the chance to explore the oldest building in the city, St Margaret’s Chapel!
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour departure.
Start point: Mercat Cross, High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1RF
End point: Edinburgh Castle esplanade, Castlehill
April to March: 1:00pm daily
Tours will not run on the 24th, 25th and 26th December.