York Open Top Bus Tour and Cruise
Activity code: OTYC
- 24 hour hop-on, hop-off open top bus tour
- A cruise on the River Ouze
- See York’s most iconic landmarks including York Minster, Micklegate Bar and Clifford’s Tower
- Limited places to allow for social distancing
- A live guide on the bus and the river cruise
- Single masks will be provided
- Audio guides also available
On the open top bus, you will pass famous landmarks such as York Minster, Micklegate Bar, Clfford’s Tower and much more. Whilst the cruise on the River Ouze heads upstream to Clifton Bridge on the northern outskirts of York city and then downstream as far as the Millennium Bridge
Click here to see the route map
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- On arrival, please join the queue to board the cruise, you will be placed on the next available sailing. You can board up to 30 mins prior to the below departures.
- Guaranteed sailings at King's Staith at 1030, 1200, 1330, 1500 & 1600
- Guaranteed sailings at Lendal Bridge at 1040, 1210, 1340, 1510 & 1610
- Additional sailings can operate every 30 minutes between these times, you will be advised of this whilst waiting.
- Each sailing has live commentary, with toilets onboard and refreshments available to buy.
- The usual route turns at Clifton Bridge and Millennium Bridge, but can vary..
From 19 May 2021 onwards:
Daily: Buses operate every 30min
The first bus departs Exhibition Square at 09:23am
Buses depart every 30 mins
The last bus departs Exhibition Square at 3:53pm
A circuit takes approx. 45 minutes
Days of operation: Daily
Meeting Points: King's Staith landing, King's Staith, York, YO1 9SN
Start time: King's Staith at 10:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 3:00pm (& 4:00pm April to October only)
Meeting Points: Lendal Bridge, Lendal Bridge, York, YO1 7DP
Start time: Lendal Bridge at 10:40am, 12:10pm, 1:40pm, 3:10pm (& 4:10pm April to October only)
Timetable can be found here