Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds: The Immersive Experience
Activity code: JWIE
- Immerse yourself in the famous War of the Worlds story with this multi-sensory interactive experience
- Using virtual and augmented reality to take you back through the ages
- Enjoy a combination of theatre, music from Jeff Wayne’s rock album and much more
- See a crash landing of a Martian ship, an invasion of war-zone London and enter a punk bar
- Bringing the story to life with actors, holograms and a lot more
Test your skills (and your nerves!) with this fully immersive and interactive War of the Worlds experience! Head back in time and space to relive one of the world’s most famous stories as its retold using theatre, holograms and virtual reality!
Find yourself in 24 interactive scenes including a terrifying Martian crash-landing with an invaded war-zone London as you hear the sensational sounds of musician Jeff Wayne transporting you into a different realm.
Your virtual journey takes you to some of the most iconic locations in the War of the Worlds story including Horsell Common and the Royal Observatory. With live actors bringing the experience to life, virtual and augmented reality, and a whole host of other mind-blowing special effects to immerse you in this crazy, spine-tingling world, it’s a simply unmissable adventure!
After you’ve been transported to a whole other era (if you survive the time travelling that is), you’ll get to enjoy 20 minutes in the Red Weed Bar before it’s time to fight those notorious Martian enemies once more! If you make it through intact, you’ll find yourself in the steampunk-themed bar and restaurant, The Spirit Man, for some much-deserved rest. After all, you have just saved the world and everything in it!
- Tickets may be cancelled 72 hours prior to the visiting date for a full refund. After this time, tickets are non-refundable.
- Children aged 10-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18+ at all times.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time on your tickets. Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Complimentary lockers are available to store bags and other articles.
- This experience is not wheelchair accessible.