Swanage Railway Tickets
Activity code: SRT
- Experience a journey on a working Steam Train
- Explore the Isle of Purbeck
- Stop-off at Corfe Castle
- Visit the Victorian seaside town of Swanage
- Includes free entry to the Swanage Railway Museum
The Swanage Railway is an experience for the whole family to enjoy, suitable for all ages. You will start your journey at Norden and head to Corfe Castle, then it’s down to the Victoria seaside town of Swanage. It’s a five-and-a-half-mile journey that lets you explore some of the finest parts of Dorset’s famous Jurassic Coast, on a classic and historical vehicle of beauty.
The railway is located in the Isle of Purbeck, where you will board a full-size steam and diesel passenger train. There are stations at Corfe Castle and Harman’s Cross as well as a halt at Herston, on the outskirts of Swanage. At the stations you will be able disembark the train and explore, picnic tables are also available for you to enjoy the views and grab a bite to eat and drink.
Your ticket is for a return journey and also includes free entry to the Swanage Railway Museum.
Steam and Lights this Christmas
This festive period, embark on a steam train adventure like no other through the historic ruins of Corfe Castle. Covered with brightly coloured lights, the steam locomotive will pass stations and key points also lit up specially for this event. On board, the steam-heated carriages will be festively decorated, and festive music will be synchronised to the light displays. What’s more, there will be informative on-train commentary.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Steam and Lights tour includes some flashing lights which may be unsuitable for epilepsy sufferers.
- Toilets are only available at Swanage station.